Berkeley Guard Ltd is a professional and environmentally conscious organisation, which acknowledges the impact that our organisation may potentially have on the environment.
It seeks to ensure that both the goods and services it provides and its own Environmental Management Waste disposal services, procedures and practises comply fully with ISO 9001:2015 EN ISO 14001, NSI EMSQS 101, Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) regulations and procedures, the data protection act and BS 7858 (security screening and vetting), and will continually review and revise where necessary to comply fully with the current regulations and standards across the full range of its activities.
To deliver this policy Berkeley Guard Ltd will: –
• Maintain current and reputable information on the environmental impact of the equipment, resources, and services it uses and supplies, and to make this available on-demand to enable its customers to make informed choices.
• Take action to eliminate or reduce, as far as practicable, any potentially adverse environmental impacts of its activities and equipment.
• Promoting environmental awareness amongst our suppliers, contractors and our own personnel.
• Ensure purchase of goods and materials comply fully with UK and European legislation, regulations and environmental best practice.
• Minimise its consumption of energy and other natural resources and optimise the efficiency with which they are used.
• Identify opportunities to reduce and services with the minimum adverse environmental impact.
• Continuing to review and develop environmental management systems for all its activities and locations.
• To ensure any corrective or preventive action required is documented along with a satisfactory conclusion.
• Management and supervisory staff have responsibilities for the implementation of this policy and to ensure that environmental issues are given adequate consideration in the planning and day-to-day supervision of all activities.
• All Berkeley Guard staff are encouraged to ensure policies and procedures are adhered to so as to ensure the requirements of this environmental policy is compliant.
• The directors have overall responsibility for all environmental issues. The operation of this policy and procedures will be monitored and reviewed on a regular basis to ensure that they meet the current procedures and regulations in place and applicable to Universal Security’s activities.
• This policy has been endorsed by the director who has given full support as to the implementation of this policy.